sunflowery's Diaryland Diary


Had a Great Weekend, Wish You Were There

Sorry this entry is so has been crazy busy. I so wanted to just stay in bed all snuggly and warm today. But alas, it was the start of our "No breaks/45 minute lunch" day and I could not inflict a missing co-worker on my team.

Then, I got to work today and was notified that one of my co-worker's dad had died last night. She's been on leave for several weeks because it was known he had brain cancer, but not known how long he would survive it. It was only a little over a month. My condolences Shelly!

We had a nice weekend. I came home Friday night and promptly fell asleep on the couch. That's what an allergic reaction and 4 Benedryl will do to ya. I ended up going to bed around 7:30 and sleeping until 7:30 Saturday.

I got up Saturday morning and watched some shows I'd taped over the week. After that was done, I got a bee in my bonnet about cleaning. So I set to cleaining and had our pad sparkling by noon! Whoot!

We were going to go to see the Winter Carnival Ice Palace, but Supe wasn't feeling well and I was still kind of iffy after my shellfish attack, so we settled in and relaxed.

We watched the teaching DVDs on our church's alter team ministry and by the time they were done, it was time for bed.

We got up early Sunday morning and headed for church. We were early for a change and had a chance to mingle. It was a great service. One of our missionary pastors from Haiti preached. Pastor Victory is his name. He preached in French with a translator and it made for interesting listening.

His sermon was all about our hope being in Christ. Good reminders. Always good to hear it from a man with a wife and 8 kids who live solely on the kindness of strangers and from provision from the hand of God.

Afterwards, we were supposed to go up to the alter to stand by in case anyone needed prayer. Supe forgot we were supposed to go up. Good thing he was in his wheelchair and I could push up around. Hee. As soon as we got up there, Pastor Victory kneeled at Supe's lap and began to pray in earnest for him. We had no idea what he was praying for as he was still speaking French, but it was loud and authoritative and seemed faith filled.

After church we went out to lunch. We went to Baker's Square. I was nervous because I was really hungry and wasn't sure what I could handle at a restaurant. But it turned out that my head hunger and body hunger agreed on the baked halibut with mashed potatoes with no gravy and broccoli. I just drank water and did end up having a half a piece of blueberry pie, no ala mode. But it was just right and hit the spot. Yay!

After that it was home to chill. I ended up watching Serendipity, another of our NetFlix items, while Supe cleaned one of his fish tanks. After that it was husband and wife time. We watched Shallow Hal, which really was a much better movie than I expected, and went to bed.

Overall, a very satisfying weekend.

Did I write about this already? There are 2 handicapped accessible vans for sale near the town where my parents live. They are roughly the same age...about 9 or 10 years old and both are Fords. One is a full size van with a lifted ceiling. It has over 100,000 miles on it but has been babied and taken very good care of. It is for sale for about $5,000. The other is also in good condition and only has 23,000 miles on it. They are asking $14,000 for it. My dad looked at the cheaper one and is having his mechanic look at it this week. He said the guy selling the more expensive one is on vacation, but he will contact him later. The more expensive van has a lowered floor and would most likely fit into our garage, whereas the cheaper one probably won't due to the high ceiling. Our garage opening is just under 8ft. Both vans have side lifts and mechanical everthing and are pretty slick I guess.

Part of me is excited, but the other part of me does not get hopeful because our financing fell through. But we are on every prayer list I could think to add our names to, so maybe something miraculous will happen.

I also got an email from the MDA Regional Field Rep saying it's time to gear up for the annual MDA walk-a-thon. It's not until July, but we have a goal of getting a team of 10 together to raise $1,000 for MDA. I would LOVE to get a larger team than that together. I was thinking a team of 40 could raise $4,000. Hope that will come together. I should start training now. Although walking far has never been hard because of distance (until just this past year.)...moreso because of blisters. So, we'll see.


About A Year Ago Today: February 07, Sun Dogs

Today on the way to work, there was a rainbow ringed around the sun. Not a cloud in the sky, but a rainbow on either side of the sun. I was so intrigued that I wrote to the local weatherman and asked him what this phenomenon might be called. He printed my letter in the Sunday paper and said the phenomenon is called Sun Dogs. It is when ice crystals are in the air and form a ring around the sun. Huh, you learn something new every day!

So, my bossís wife, SM got her package today. (Read yesterdayís post for more info.) I remember my boss giving me an envelope and asking me to overnight it with another overnight envelope enclosed so the recipient could send it back. So, today we got the overnight package I had enclosed. I put the contents in my bossís mailbox. SM sees it, brings it to my office and asks when it arrived. I tell her today. She then asks me how it arrived. I tell her via our overnight company. She then asks if it arrived in the condition, she is now holding it in. I respond that indeed it did. She wants to know if I opened it. I tell her I did not. She then asks if it was sealed when I got it. I tell her that the condition she is holding it in, is the condition it arrived in. I got it, opened the overnight envelope and put the contents into CMís mailbox. She then asks if there was anything else in the overnight envelope. I say there was not. She then asks, again, if the envelope was open when I got it. I tell her, again, that yes it was. Then she finally turns around and mutters her trade mark phrase, "Isnít that odd?" Yes, SM, it is! Sheesh! Why canít I just say, "Yes, it arrived today, I put it in CMís box as soon as it came" and have her live with that? Sometimes I think English is not her first language.

My parents are coming to visit for the weekend. Should be interesting. My Dad has nothing in common with my mom or me or my husband. I think we might go to the home and garden show, but I am not positive. Still, it will be good to see them. Last time I saw them was over Thanksgiving weekend.

I watched the Michael Jackson thing on ABC last night. What is UP with that guy? Any "normal" person with a regular paycheck would have had their kids taken away and been under investigation, if not in jail by now. What a weirdo. I understand having a touch childhood. My husband had a rough one. But heís not a weird freak-o from mars. How can one guy be so talented and so psycho at the same time? Yet I watched and watched and watched. It is like a freaking car wreck. You know itís a horrible, grisly scene and yet you canít be compelled to turn away. I hope someone has the guts to do an intervention with this guy. Where in the world is his family anyway?

I am in the midst of reading a really good book on nutrition called, THE FAT FLUSH PLAN. It is by Ann Louise Gittleman and it goes a long way to explain why some people try and try and still do not lose weight. She really makes a lot of sense. I am only in chapter 2, but so far, so good. It has a lot to do with the liver and how it processes the toxins in our body.

I got my new glasses...nobody has noticed at all.

Have a good weekend!

4:58 p.m. - Monday, Feb. 09, 2004


previous - next

latest entry

about me





random entry

other diaries: