sunflowery's Diaryland Diary


Yesterday Was A Waste Of Work

Today I got to work and it was choas. We had a rate change on our annuity project. That meant that about 3500 to 4000 rate change alerts had to be created and mailed. The gigantic collating project had to be put off (It actually had to be anyway because we had run out of some of the things we were collating and were waiting for them to get re-printed.) so we could label and stuff envelopes. We had 2 part time temps and 1 full time temp, plus my boss, me, and several other co-workers working on this project all day. We managed to get it all done and all the fax alerts sent by 3. The afternoon courier came, picked up all the mail and we breathed a collective sigh of relief.

This morning my boss came to our area and said we needed to do it all again today because some bigwhig was unhappy with the rate change and was in the process of negotionating with the insurance company to make it better. So, all the work and expense of yesterday was just washed down the toilet. So, while we waited for word as to what the new change would be, we all worked again at labeling the envelopes. In the meantime, the stuff we had been waiting for re-printing showed up, so half our team went back to the basement to work on the collating project and getting 75 of those out the door.

Then, around 11:30, I suddently felt nauseaus, hot and tired. I tried working through it, but my boss noticed, asked what was wrong and in the middle of trying to tell her I felt yucky, I almost barfed. So she sent me home. I went right to bed and slept for about 4 hours. Then I woke up in a panic because Bob had been out when I came home and he hadn't come into the bedroom to check on me that I know of and I worried that he had had an accident and "they" were trying to get a hold of me. So I walked out of the bedroom and scared my husband half to death. He hadn't known I was home, though he had tried to call me 2ce at work. He was worried about me and put me back to bed. I slept for another half hour and woke up so thirsty so I came out of the bedroom and ended up staying up the rest of the afternoon/evening.

I still feel kind of blah, but not as sick as I felt when it first came over me at work. I feel so bad leaving when there was just so much to do. I am sure my boss feels overwhelmed with it all, but I am glad there are so many of my co-workers who are willing to help her.

Last night we went to a part that the apartment management company threw for all their residents. It was nice. They had pizza, cake, and prizes. We won a pretty nice gift certificate to Mancini's in St. Paul. So at some point, we will have a nice date night at a hoity Italian restaraunt. Fun!

Tomorrow is designated as the day I must finally sit down and do our taxes. Not Fun!

Sunday we are driving to C00n Rapids to meet with a couple that has a used F0rd Aerostar handicapped van for sale. We at least want to look at it to see if it would be something that would work for us. Once we determine that, we will try and figure out how in the world to afford the $6000 price tag. We will worry about that later.

So, that's the exciting look into my day. Work and lots of it, illness, taxes, future date night fun, and a van we really need but probably can't afford. Whoot!

7:46 p.m. - Friday, Feb. 18, 2005


previous - next

latest entry

about me





random entry

other diaries: